DUN DUN DUN!
Time for the movie a lot of us have been waiting for in 2017, drum roll please Inserts drum roll…… The one and only Justice League!
This will be a non spoiler review of course, but before I get into it, please let the fan boy comments go anyone who knows me personally knows I am a huge fan of both franchises. (sad I have to add this in)
The Great //
– The character building (even with the limited run time of the film which we’ll get into later) was done supremely, every one of them had their charisma/abilities and all round personalities on full display.
– Ezra Millers depiction of Barry Allen/The Flash was an absolute joy to watch, I, as many others were curious of the casting choice when first announced but I’m so glad to say my doubts are blown far away. I was already eager for the solo Flash film, this spiked that interest ten fold.
– Likewise with Ezra, Jason Momoa’s casting as Aquaman had a lot of doubters, doubters be gone! He was as awesome as you’d expect Aquaman played by Momoa to be.
– Jason Momoa’s pecs…
– While the fight sequences overall were pretty good, one stood out to me, specifically cause they very much reminded me of the (in my eyes phenomenal) fight sequences in 300. They were beautiful on the eyes, Synder’s 300 is a highly rated film to me personally and I fell in love with how he portrayed the massive all out war scenes.
The Good //
– Cyborg, reading the early reviews of the film with quite a few mentioning how weak he was in the film physically and story wise. Now while I think there was room for improvement I genuinely enjoyed his arc, was more emotionally invested and in my opinion Ray Fisher done a great job.
– The continuation of growth to Gal’s Wonder Woman.
– I personally think they’ve almost found the foundation between just enough darkness and just enough comedy/light hearted moments, JL slightly lacked in the darkness department but they’re getting the balance and the films will be all the better for it.
– The many easter eggs (Some really fun ones so be on the lookout for them).
The could be better //
– While Ben’s Batman had his moments (that were a lot of fun) there was not as much development to his character as I had hoped for a personal perspective. He was by no means bad, just was hoping for more.
– The rushed film feeling I got in the last 20-25 minutes of the film (unfortunately this may have been completely out of the whole production units hands).
– Again, the big bed of the film was not “bad” again just another I wish there was time to build him up scenarios, especially his demise.
– While BvS wasn’t what we had hoped it would be, the score definitely was, unfortunately JL’s score wasn’t able to keep up. Maybe we were too spoiled with just how good BvS’s score was?
Quick summary //
Justice League genuinely was a lot of fun and the character building/bonding in this film deserves only great praise, Unfortunately the 2 hour run time really hurt the film from what it should have been and I think we’ll have this confirmed once the directors cut is released.
Definitely go see it and let me know what you guys think, oh and peep the post credit scenes, they are the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
This movie really could’ve/should’ve been an 8.5/10, but the reshoots and cutting for the run time limit do genuinely hurt the film and for that I can’t give it more than a 7.5
I would like to add that all this new trend of bashing movies for the sake of article clicks or to gain a reaction is so toxic, it is hurting the art form of movies and what makes us love them.
What happened to going to watch a movie for the pure enjoyment and not to write up everything you hate about it. Personally I don’t think this movie deserves the harsh articles it’s been getting.
Overall – 7.5 out of 10
Re-watch Worthy? – Yes